On this page is a list of licensed premises that there is either very little information about, or it's that they don't quite fall into a pub category. This section may separate into pages, as information is added.
Believed to be a beer-house at the Brookhouses end of town, Old Spout being an older name for that area.
A beer-house located in Brookhouses. In 1831 at a Uttoxeter petty court session the proprietor of this establishment John Salt was fined 40 shillings for allowing liquor to be drunk on the premises after 11pm.
This beer-house was in Brookhouses operating from the end house at Majors Barn, it also acted as a toll house into Cheadle.
This was another beer-house on Lid Lane (formerly numbered 19), no exact dates of operation are known - but it appears on lists compiled by local historians.
A beer-house once located on Froghall Road, it was also the name of a colliery in Cheadle.
The Black Boy
Perhaps the name of a beer-house, on the High Street - or the name adopted by the grocer J.A. Woolliscroft, when his shop was also an off-licence selling wines and spirits (until 1908).
Was located in a building at the back of Lulworth House, the building is now used by Cheadle Citizens Advice.
Liberal and Labour Social Club
Located on Charles Street, a popular venue due to it's snooker tables. Now the building is used as a Nursery.
Located on Tape Street. In 1990 it was mentioned in a press advertisement, that it served Banks's Beer because the brewery was celebrating it's centenary.
Cheadle Cricket Club
Located off Tean Road. The function room was extensively refurbished in 1995. As well as being used by members of the club, it serves as the meeting place for the ROAB and is used as a Polling Station during elections.
The Manor Guest House
This is a private bar for the use of guests and function hire.
The building had served from 1753 as the rectory for the pastors serving at the Parish Church, on May 28th 1981 plans were approved to turn the building into a guest house. The Manor is the only building in Cheadle licensed to conduct civil ceremonies and is the venue for many family functions within the town.
The Manor Guest House
Coach House Bar
This bar is part of Hales Hall Caravan and Camping Park and opened in 2018. It welcomes members of the public and is used as a meeting venue by some groups.
A nightclub from the late 1970s to early 80s, located inside the old Town Hall (aka the Osborne).
This was a later nightclub also inside the old Town Hall (aka the Osborne). In 1986, the club hosted a heat of the Miss Staffordshire Moorlands competition. Plans to install a dance floor and eating area were approved in July 1986. At this time the club was joint managed, one manager being James Devoy. The alterations were going to increase to capacity from 70 to 300.
The club was closed by 1990 when the vacant building was set on fire, before then been sold to become social accommodation called Osborne House.
This was a bar opened in the late 1990s by Bill Shaw (proprietor of the Royal Oak at the time), above the WHSmith store. It closed around 2006(?).
Andy's Off Licence
This business was located at 41 Chapel Street and was also a video shop. It closed in 2017, when the owner Graham Bennett passed away and his family decided to dissolve the business.
14-18 High Street from 1999.
Formerly located in 24 High Street.